Saturday 20 August 2011

Baileys and mocha cupcakes

These are definitely one of my favourites - mainly because of the boozy frosting!

A friend in work requested a dozen of these cupcakes for her daughters 15th birthday - something a little bit more grown up!
So, the cupcakes are my every faithful vanilla cupcake recipe with 30g of cocoa powder and a tablespoon of camp coffee added - the result, mocha cupcakes with a hint of both flavours without being too overpowering!



Then for the frosting, I beat together 120g soft butter and 375g of icing sugar using my trusty Kenwood chef, and then added one standard measure of Baileys, turned the Ken up to a high speed and left it for about 5 minutes until the frosting was light and fluffy. This made more than enough for 12 cupcakes - and as you can see I'm definitely not mean with my frosting!!


Each cupcake was topped with a milk chocolate star! It's all about the finishing touches after all!



Lots of love and cupcakes

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment